Resources for Educators
Message from Me Educator’s Guide
The Educator’s Guide (PDF) consists of 125 activity ideas connected to universal early learning standards. This guide also includes tips for “Getting Started” with Message from Me.
Message from Me Instructions
Detailed, step-by-step instructions for educators and administrators (PDF) to setup and use Message from Me.
The following videos highlight educators integrating Message from Me in their classroom settings.
Helpful Resources for Educational Professionals
- Trying Together: Supporting the work of early childhood
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Community Robotics, Education and Technology Empowerment (CREATE) Lab
- PNC Grow Up Great Lesson Center: Lesson Plan Center filled with activity ideas exclusively designed for children ages three-five, including a Teacher’s Toolkit and Resources for Families
- The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Fred Rogers Center Joint Position Statement on Technology and Interactive Media as Tools in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children Birth through Age 8 (PDF)
- Department of Education: Office of Educational Technology: Guiding Principles for Use of Technology with Early Learners
- Erikson Institute: Technology in Education: Research Hub for Technology in Early Childhood Education
- Tap, Click, READ: Growing readers in a world of screens: Video library of digital reading demonstrations with children
- Reimagining Project: A resource to grow children’s thinking and learning
- Remake Learning: Innovative Learning in Pittsburgh
- Common Sense Media: A go-to resource with expert and reviews on apps, books, and video games.
- Joan Ganz Cooney Center: Research publications on children’s media and learning
- Fred Rogers Center for Early Learning and Children’s Media: Continuing the legacy of Fred Rogers
- Fred Rogers Productions: High-quality early learning television programs
- Tufts University: DevTech Research Group : Research on Technology in Early Childhood Education
- Office of Educational Technology: Guiding Principles for Use of Technology with Early Learners
- Education Development Center: Recommended practices and checklists for educational practicioners when integrating digital technologies
Supporting Dual Language Learners
- Language Castle: A go-to resource for updated research and best practice when working with Dual Language Learners
- WIDA: Tools and support to help multilingual learners and early childhood educators
- Donohue, C. (2019) Exploring Key Issues in Early Childhood and Technology: Evolving Perspectives and Innovative Approaches
- Bers, M. (2018) Coding as a Playground: Programming and Computational Thinking in the Early Childhood Classroom
- Donohue, C. (2017) Family Engagement in the Digital Age: Early Childhood Educators as Media Mentors
- Donohue, C. (2015) Technology and Digital Media in the Early Years: Tools for Teaching and Learning